Information provision of municipal management automates the following tasks:
- technical certification and asset accounting;
- management and analysis of spatial information (maps, cadastral plans, engineering schemes, etc.);
- keeping records on consumption of energy resources, water and wastewater, utilization of waste;
- operational reporting on expenses, consumption and debts for consumption of resources;
- technical monitoring of assets, controlling regulatory procedures, coordinating repairs and activities;
- monitoring of social and economic indicators;
- maintenance of the tasks of communal transport;
- support of the tasks of designing and development of the municipality:
- calculation of technical (hydraulic) indicators and measures necessary to preserve them for the development of utilities;
- calculations of ground and underground laying of new communications (tracing);
- comparison of design and work schemes;
- calculating impact zones of the damages factors influence in the accident.
System tools have provided the maintenance of data structure, appointed rights access and roles management, integration with ERP, Scada, Workflow. Municipal GIS software solutions work on web applications and from mobile applications as well.
The main tasks of municipal infrastructures informatization are improving of managerial efficiency, handling of local communities, improving the quality of communal services and maintaining of prompt response, providing complete information to residents of territorial communities.
Information systems for the automation of the municipal administration tasks provide procedures for collecting, entering, transmitting, storing, organizing, searching, processing, transforming and distributing information, data processing functions, analysis and decision making, etc.
The objects of accounting of Municipal GIS may be the following assets:
- housing stock (accounting of funds, consumers, population density by district, technical condition of buildings);
- land resources of territory (land cadastre) on every lot of land in the cut of ownership rights on earth, functional setting of separate areas, their cost estimation and other, forming on this basis of database for collection of paying for earth;
- engineering communications of various purposes: water supply networks, sewage networks, gas and heat networks, power grids, telecommunication networks and their equipment (information on location and altitude, technical characteristics, technical condition, routine maintenance, diagnostic and repair procedures);
- accounting of consumption resources (costs, consumers);
- objects of communal transport (inventory, destination, dispatching);
- objects of the real estate (taking of inventory, placing and cost estimation of objects of the real estate, capital assets, technical state of structures);
- roads and transport (technical state of roads information, quality of coverage, bridges, passages, moves, sign-boards technical description, economic information about the use of roads for freight and passenger transportations and other);
- ecology (data about the atmosphere condition, soils, noise and other contamination of separate areas of territory, formation of database for the calculation of payments for pollution of the urban environment);
- user market (lacing of trade objects, public catering and consumer services);
- public safety (accommodation facilities and posts State Management of Road Safety, fire protection, protection of public order, observation posts, automated tracking of the actual location of patrol cars, deployment of the evacuation zones and the routes for the enterprises and the population in emergency situations and other);
- social facilities (publication of educational, medical institutions, establishments of culture, zones of leisure, establishments of social defence and other)/
The automation objects of municipal GIS of territorial communities management are exemplary communities of different management scale. We have developed and implemented an operating model template of the Municipal Geographic Information System for the management of territorial communities (GIS UTG).
In addition, was developed and is in the implementation phase a commercial version of our product Calculation and information complex of utility networks (RIKOM) it is a municipal engineering networks geoinformation system for water supply, drainage, lighting, heating networks, gas supply and others, with a set of calculated, analytical and modeling functions.